Learn the basics of your camera and landscape photography in this hands on workshop in the Canadian Rockies
Based in Canmore, Alberta
The Canadian Rockies
What you will learn:
This workshop is designed to familiarize the beginner photographer with essential camera functions and techniques to get you shooting out of auto-mode with a focus on landscape photography.
- Learn how your camera works and important menu items in your camera
- Learn about lenses and which ones are best for landscape photography
- Shutter, Aperture, ISO and how they work together
- Read your histogram to get the best exposure for landscapes
- How to shoot RAW to get the best image quality
- Basic compositional techniques
- Essential photography gear for successful landscape photography and how to use it.
Mark Unrau is an award-winning professional photographer with over 20 years experience photographing landscapes in the Canadian Rockies.
Mark’s work has earned him international acclaim with accolades such as the Grand Prize from National Geographic Travelers World in Focus competition and awards from the Prix de Paris International Photo competition.
See Marks personal website
See our clients gallery
Currently postponed due to COVID restrictions. Please sign up to mailing list for workshop updates
To Be Announced
* In order to keep everyone safe and accommodate any possible restrictions due to coronavirus, the venue and dates are subject to change.
1 Person: $150
2 People: $250
Private Group: $750
(up to 8 participants for private group)
We accept all major credit cards and e-transfers. payment in advance required.
To arrange e-transfer payment, please get in touch via the contact form below
*We offer residents of the Bow Valley a locals discount! Please use the form below to get your locals discount code.
- Instruction by Mark Unrau
- In-Field component to practice what you've learned in class
- Transportation from class and back.
- Use of tripods
Our workshop is split into two portions. There is an inside component where we will learn the basics of your camera and landscape photography. Afterwards we will head out to a location in the Canmore area to apply these skills and get hands on guidance from your instructor.
Length: 3 Hours
Our in-class portion will take place at Tapas restaurant in Canmore where Mark will present a Powerpoint slideshow with hands on exercises for you to do with your personal camera.
There will be lots of opportunities to ask questions about everything being taught.
Length: 2 Hours
After our in-class portion of the workshop is done, we will hop on a comfy 15 passenger Ford Transit van and depart for our outside location.
The location will be determined according to weather conditions and group size.
Once we arrive at our location we will spend the remainder of our time (2 hours) there working on the skills learning in class in a real world setting. Mark will be on hand to help and give guidance for the group.
- Camera and lens with fully charged battery
- Memory Card
- Notepad and pen for taking notes
- Warm Clothes
- Hiking/Winter boots that are waterproof
- Tripod (if you don't have one we will provide one
Sign up to mailing list for workshop updates
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive workshop updates, special offers and photography tips!
© 2020, Rocky Mountain Photo Adventures